Previously, I have shared the Guide to Install Custom Recovery on Android. After that, you might also wanted to know How to Install Custom ROM on Android without PC. Well, In this article I will share the easiest way to Install or Flash Custom ROM on Any Android Device without using Computer/PC. But, before I start the tutorial let me explain What are custom ROMs and what are its advantages etc.
You already know about Read Only Memory (ROM). Android Device also comes with an inbuilt ROM that is used to run the system of our Android device. You can also say it as the Operating System Software of your device. All Android devices comes with a ROM that is called Stock ROM. But if you Root access on your device then you can replace it by installing a custom ROM on your Android Phone/Tablet. You may also like our guide to Install Xposed Framework on Android Phone.
- 1 How to Install Custom ROM on Android without PC ?
- 2 Steps to Flash Custom ROM on Android without Computer/PC
How to Install Custom ROM on Android without PC ?
Custom ROMs are the modded version of the stock ROM on your device. Most of the Android lovers wants a new UI (user interface) on their device. Yeah, If you are also one of them, then you must try a custom ROM on your device. So, the developers of custom ROM works hard to develop a modded version of stock ROMs and add some more features and customizations in it. Let’s check some main advantages of Installing Custom ROM on Android. Also check Top 11 Best Apps for Rooted Android Phones
Advantages of Custom ROMs on Android
- Change the old and get a new UI on your device.
- Upgrade or downgrade your Android version
- Get additional features more that a Stock ROM
- Get more options of customization
- Improve your device’s performance
- Show your friends that you are a geeky person 🙂
Note – Installing Custom ROM may damage or brick your phone and can cause bootloop if you not follow the steps carefully. Please note that we are not responsible if any type of damage occurs.
Steps to Flash Custom ROM on Android without Computer/PC
Follow the below steps carefully to Install custom ROM on Android without using PC. If you have any type of problem, just ask in the comment. To install custom ROM, you will need :
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Custom Recovery Installed
- Custom ROM
Step 1: Install Custom Recovery
At first, make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed a custom recovery on your Android device. If not, then read our guide to Install Custom Recovery on Android without PC.
Step 2. Download a ROM
You need to download a custom ROM for your device. Search on the Google with your Device name and model and then download a ROM for your device if available. You will get custom ROM file in zip format. Save it on your external SD Card.
Step 3. Download Gapps
Gapps includes the important apps like Google Play Store, File Manager, Google Play Services etc. Without Gapps you can’t use your Android phone properly. So, You will also need to download Gapps for a particular version of ROM. Suppose if you have downloaded Android 6.0 ROM for your device, then you must need to download Gapps. Dowload Gapps from here
Step 4. Reboot into Recovery
- Reboot your device into Recovery. Just Switch off your phone >> Push Power & Volume+ button together and hold it for 10 seconds to enter into recovery.
- Make sure to Backup your current ROM data.
- Now, click on the Wipe from the Recovery home.
- After clicking on the wipe option, Swipe to Confirm and Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik
Step 5. Install Custom ROM from SD Card
- Goto the Install Option from the Recovery.
- Locate the ROM zip file which you have downloaded.
- Confirm and Install the zip and wait for the successful completion of the installation.
Step 6. Install GApps
- After installing the ROM, again goto the Install option.
- Locate the GApps zip file which you have saved in your SD Card.
- Wait till the installation completes.
- After completing flashing process, Wipe Cache, Dalvik/ART cache.
- Now, Reboot your device.
That’s all you need to Install Custom ROM on Android without PC. So, this was the complete guide to flash custom ROM without Computer/PC. I hope you understand this tutorial. If you have any query regarding this guide, let me know in the comments.